Employee Mental Wellness — Creating Your Best Workday
Attention to workplace mental health and wellness programs is the missing link in full employee engagement
Mental health challenges are on the rise in the Canadian workplace, costing the Canadian economy billions of dollars in lost productivity, and having a detrimental impact on people’s personal lives. This creates a work environment, where employee engagement is non-existent or fragmented at best. With the increasing pace of work and greater demands being placed on employees, HR professionals are now very concerned with the toll mental health issues are having on the people within their organizations.
Paul’s topic, “Creating Your Best Workday,” looks at some common mental health challenges being faced in an ever-changing workplace. Paul blends his experience from high performance athletics and workplace wellness to give his audience a deeper understanding of what it means to create the optimal work environment where people can thrive. You will leave this presentation with the insight, skills and strategies to develop or improve your workplace wellness programs, where people are more engaged and content with their work.
This webinar will cover the following:
• Causes of mental health challenges in the workplace
• Health and wellness impact on performance management
• Why optimal health means optimal performance
• Myths of workplace wellness programs
• Rest and recovery for better employee engagement
• How to have “wellness” performance conversations
• Strategies to create your best work day.
PRESENTER: Paul Boston, Actus Performance Inc.